Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's a Pan, Duh.

We went to the Zoo today with my brother and his family so I packed a lunch for Mom, Matt and I. Mason ended up coming too so there almost wasn't enough food.

Bento #32:


We had: Panda onigiri with nori faces , onigiri with umeboshi, cup of pickled ginger and a elephant of soy sauce on a bed of romaine lettuce. And off to the right you can see our side car of a persimmon and an orange.

This bento took more time then I've ever spent on a lunch before. Including cooking the rice it took about an hour. If I was doing the same thing again it would take less time because I would prep more while making rice. But this time I was just adding on as I went.

My 2 year old niece loved the onigiri. She saw them and said, "I want part of the panda!" I was suprised that she liked the seaweed.(Mostly because my sister can't stand it) She even asked for more! Bento presentation is a good thing! I really like persimmons. I need to make another trip to the asian market because the ones I bought got eaten up really fast. They were an instant hit with my family.

1 comment:

Natakiya said...

The pandas are awesome!!!