Saturday, September 1, 2007

First Bento and box

I don't have a photo of my very first Bento, because my dad took it to work before I thought of it. But it was 3 egg onigiri (Riceballs), carrot and celery sticks, and 2 button mushrooms. Not the fanciest, but he enjoyed it.

As the posts move on I will have photos and more indepth info on what's in the Bento.


Today my mom and I went to the 99 Ranch Asian Market and the Great Wall Mall to shop for dinner. I love that place! We picked up some veggies, seaweed, some frozen dumplings, and fresh catfish. On the way home I asked if we could stop at the Anime store and mom said yes because she had to get something at Staples too. So I go in and am looking around for a Bento box and I find this pencil case:





I asked the woman at the counter if it would work for a Bento box and her eyes got really wide. She grinned and told me, "What a great idea! So creative. I should buy one too!" I told her that I was just starting to make Bentos and how I really enjoyed Onigiri and she told me that she makes Bento boxes for her daughter. We chatted for a while and she kept saying that she thought it was such a good idea. She was so sweet! I need to hang out over there more. ^_^

So tonight I took the leftovers from dinner and put together a Bento for my brother.

Maybe it doesn't look incredibly good, but it tastes good. When I make them for my self and my mom they'll be cuter. :D (The lighting is kinda bad too. I'll try to get better pictures next time.)

The contents are: A Catfish steak, bok choi and enoki mushrooms in a ginger, sesame and soy sauce and raw carrot half circles.

I then took the leftover rice and added golden raisins, cinnamon, and sugar and made sweet dessert Onigiri. They were delicious!


Sorry about so many pictures. There will be less in the posts to come.

1 comment:

shMerker said...

ULTRAFIRST!

That bento was good. Even cold. Day 1 looks like a success.